cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmatsick3

Does the AXI4-Lite IPIF exist?

I found this nifty user to AXI-Lite core: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_lite_ipif/v3_0/pg155-axi-lite-ipif.pdf

I looked for it in Vivado's IP catalog but could not locate it.  Has this been deprecated?

Rick

Tags (3)
3 Replies
dgisselq
Scholar
Scholar

As I recall, the IPIF interface has been removed from the IP directory.  However, if you look hard enough in ${INSTALL}/data/ip/xilinx/axi_lite_ipif*/hdl you'll find the relevant source directory.  At this point, I don't think Xilinx could easily get rid of IPIF--too many of their own IPs use it internally.

Personally, I find that the IPIF interface gets terribly throughput performance, and so I often find myself using this AXI-lite core instead whenever I need easy AXI-lite processing.

Dan

0 Kudos
abouassi

Hi @rmatsick3,

Please check AR#62549.

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@rmatsick3 ,

I would echo @dgisselq  comment.

Building your own core for any AMBA *Lite protocol is easy. It would be a simple state-machine where handshaking checks are going on. If you are an experienced developer, my opinion is to write it yourself.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos