cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDK 13.1 ML507 - Data transfer from BRAM to xps_uartlite(RS232) usind xps_central_dma.

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm new to work with Xilinx EDK so I'm experiencing some difficulties on XPS and I appologize in advance if my questions sound stupid (and if I've posted in the wrong topic).

Here's the thing : I'm using EDK 13.1 to develop on a ML507 board with a PPC440. I'm trying to transfer data from BRAM to RS232 using the xps_central_dma. I've just used the Base System Builder without implementing any other IP and I just allow interrupt on the 2 xps_uart_lite.

Thus, both the uarts, the DMA (master and slave) and the BRAM Controler are on the same plb (with 125MHz and masters : PPC440 and DMA). I've configured both the uarts (even if I'm using only one) with a baudrate of 115200, 8 bits data, 1 bit stop and no parity.

Using some code, I managed to transfer data from BRAM to BRAM using the DMA and the uartlite seems to work perfectly either. However, when I write the TX FIFO adress on the Destination Adress of the DMA (without increment) and launch the transfer, I have a DMA Bus Error.

Is it more likely a software problem or an design issue ? Have anyone some idea that I can use to solve this ? Or someone that had a similar problem that they managed to solve could help me ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rickys
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
xps_uartlite doesn't support burst. It needs single beat. Check C_WR_BURST_SIZE of your Central DMA configuration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rickys
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
xps_uartlite doesn't support burst. It needs single beat. Check C_WR_BURST_SIZE of your Central DMA configuration.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot ! I didn't dheck this particular point. It works quite fine !

0 Kudos