cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
detox929292
Visitor
Visitor

Extreme Noob here.. Arty Z7 running Petalinux loses Ethernet connection after flashing Bitstream

Hi All,

First post here.. and have to say so far the forum has helped me alot!!

I am completely new to the field and have some basic programming skills in various languages but am happy to try and try again until i succeed.

So, i have purchased an Arty Z7-20 board and am currently completing the UDEMY course for FPGA beginners.

The board i purchased is slightly different to the ones in the course but this added to my learning curve when trying to migrate the examples from one board type to another.

So i have completed the example projects and decided to move forward with programming the ARM with Petalinux.. this was quite a hurdle but have now managed to complete this also.

The board is running well with the PLinux from SD card with BOOT.BIN files in 1st partition and rootfs running in the 2nd partition.

Quite pleased with myself thus far :-)

Now i am looking to run an example blinky project on the fpga whilst still having access to the ssh server on the ARM.

As soon as i program the bitstream to the fpga i lose connection to the ethernet and ssh server.

Does anyone have some good documentation links, more advanced projects or tips they can give me to help me move forward.

I am wondering should i boot from the SD card and then program the fpga on startup from the linux kernel? or change so that the BOOT.BIN and other files are included in the vivado project? Or.... am i totally missing it completely.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Alex

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
detox929292
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

If in the wrong forum area, apologies.

Let me know if i need to post somewhere else.

Thanks,

Alex
0 Kudos