cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigc888
Visitor
Visitor

How to access data received through PS S_AXI_GP0?

My PL custom IP has a master AXI port that is generating low speed 32 bit words. This master AXI is connected via AXI interconnect to PS S_AXI_GP0. What is the standard method for accessing this data on the PS side? The Vivado Address Editor seems to only provide addresses from the PL (master) side.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

Do you wish to write to PS DDR/ OCM?
0 Kudos
craigc888
Visitor
Visitor

I am unclear on the mechanism for accessing data received by a PS slave AXI. Data transmitted from a PS master AXI to a custom IP slave AXI is available in a register as defined in the auto generated S00_AXI.v file. Is there a similar register defined for the PS slave AXI? A DDR location could be fine as well. Do I need to write PS software to setup resources to save incoming data? 

0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

the PS slaves are DDR and OCM so you need to write some code which allocates a certain address range in either of the areas and uses some form of interprocess communication mechanism to synchronize access to them with PL master. You also have to make sure that the cache knows about the updates PL makes to the DDR so that the PS program has access to the right updates.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos