Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How to change PS7 UART speed configured by bootrom/BSP

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how the ps7_UART (the one connected to the USB plug on the ZedBoard) speed is configured when importing a Vivado project into the SDK but I cannot.

I tried to use XUartPs_SetBaudRate() function but it hangs on this instruction:

Xil_AssertNonvoid(BaudRate <= (u32)XUARTPS_MAX_RATE);

What is the proper sequence one has to do in order to change the default serial speed from 115200 bps to 9600 bps?

I also checked the ug585 but I do not like that way. I would prefer instead to use the above function if possible.

Many thanks.

Cerilet

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Did you change baud rate in vivado project before exporting the hw platform to SDK?

Screenshot-1.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Did you change baud rate in vivado project before exporting the hw platform to SDK?

Screenshot-1.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Oh darn. That is what I was looking for. I tried to find that on Vivado without any luck.

Thank you so much sampatd!

Cerilet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

By the way, @sampatd, I am trying to use 921600 bps (it is actually the maximum speed available in the Vivado setting selection) but I am receiving nothing on the host PC.

I checked the Cypress USB-to-UART controller and it says that the maximum available speed is 230400 bps.

Then, why is this speed available for UART1 on the Vivado popup? Is there a way of using this baudrate speed, e.g. routing this to a PMOD connector and using another USB-to-UART device which supports that speed?

Many thanks.

Cerilet

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @cerilet 

I am trying to change the PS7 UART speed from he default 115200 to 460800. Were you able to configure the speed which you were trying to do? If yes, then can you descrivbe how you did it?

I tried by setting "460800" on hardware platform in Vivado before exporting the hardware on SDK. But still, the MIO49 pin is working on the default"115200" whereas the MIO48 works correctly on 460800 speed.

Could you please let me know if this is at all feasible or not to have a higher baud rate?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I do not work with Zynq since quite a long time, but if I remember well, it is only able to handle up to 230.400 bauds. The default value as you properly said is set to 115.200.

Check the user manual.

Regards,

Cerilet

0 Kudos