cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to connect AXI-Streaming with addressable AXI4?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to handle this... Basically, I've created and tested a nice System Generator core that incorporates the new AXI-Streaming FIFO block. So, I have a streaming interface for my IP, and I want to connect it to my XPS processor. Unfortunately I'm not able to use any of the 16 built-in AXI-Streaming interfaces, and this cannot change.

Basically, I have to connect my SysGen streaming IP to a regular, bursty AXI4 interface. Is there an accepted and proper way of doing this in XPS? Using the virtual FIFO controller peripheral doesn't seem to be working...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You probably want to look into the AXI Datamover core in EDK or AXI DMA core if you're going to memory

www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You probably want to look into the AXI Datamover core in EDK or AXI DMA core if you're going to memory

www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
The datamover core is exactly what I was looking for. This will let me bridge the streaming/memory-mapped domains without having to design in DMA proper. I just wanted to read out of the streaming interface whenever it was convenient for me to take samples. Thanks so much for your help and for the reply!
0 Kudos