cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How to simply write a file to the Compact Flash (CF) ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a ML402 virtex4 board with sysace controller, and i simply want to write a file to the compact flash, then read the contents using software in EDK. I have added the systemace core to the PLB on the microblaze architecture.

1) Can anyone tell the steps to achieve this, i.e., write a txt file to the compact flash? I have searched for days and i found no clear information on this.

2) Do i need to use the sysace drivers, or simply the xilfatfs functions like sysace_fopen, sysace_fread etc will do the work?

3) Do I need to specify stack, heap sizes? Do I need to initialize the driver even using xilfatfs library functions?

Best,

JM

Message Edited by jmonteiro-dme on 06-08-2009 07:24 AM
Message Edited by jmonteiro-dme on 06-08-2009 07:24 AM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to simply write a file to the Compact Flash (CF) ?

Jump to solution
Solution: format the CF and use the xilfatfs funtions :)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

How about start with the reference design ML402 EDK Embedded MicroBlaze Reference Design. it's a bit outdated, but the idea of accessing the CF file system is still the same.

-XF

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hello xiaofeip,

I have run into all those examples but i get a hang when i use the sysace_fopen function, that's why I'm asking this. I have included in the EDK project the sysace core, made the changes to WRITE in xilfatfs options under platform software settings, and I get a hang in the following instruction (checked with XMD), which is called under sysace_fopen()

while ((Result = XSysAce_Lock(&Ace, XFALSE)) != XST_SUCCESS);

What can I possibly be doing wrong? Why does the lock test fails? I'm using the CF that came with our virtex4 FX.

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I managed to get sysace_fopen passing, however, the sysace_fwrite() hangs when it calls allocate_one_cluster(pi), checked with XMD. Inside, there is a for() cycle that checks for free clusters which I tested but it took to many iterations without leaving.

The xillinx comment of this instruction is as follows

/*

if this is the first byte of the file, then the firstcluster entry for it should be set in its directory entry

*/

I'm using the default 32MB CF card that came with the virtex 4 evaluation board ML402.

What can be the problem?

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Solution: format the CF and use the xilfatfs funtions :)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos