cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to swap ZYNQ PS DDR pin assignment in Vivado

Hi,

I know swapping PS DDR is allowed for Zynq in the same group.

As shown in this picure, I try to work on IO planning, but I can not find any options in Vivado to swap DDR pins.

Anyone can help me?  

Moreover, the webpack license is used in my laptop. I am not sure it is an issue.

Thanks.

Image 3.png
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to swap ZYNQ PS DDR pin assignment in Vivado

According to the reply from others:

Since these pins are fixed on Zynq there is nothing you can do to swap these within Zynq or Vivado. 

Instead, you would need to physically route different numbered pins together on the board. 

For example, this could be done in cases where routing is much easier if DDR3 pins DQ[2] and DQ[7] could be switched. 

Since this is allowed, it is possible to route pin DQ[2] from Zynq to DQ[7] of the memory and vice versa. 

Since data will be returned the same way it was sent out of the Zynq PHY interface, physically swapping data lines between Zynq and memory will have no net effect on the data.

That means the DDR pins can be swapped in physical route, but swapping the pin define is not necessary.

Am I right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, you are right.  (Provided, of course, that you are using a type of memory that allows pin swapping, e.g. DDR3.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

data swapping inside data byte is right.

Is it possible to swap some address pins?

Thanks

Luigi

0 Kudos