cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Implementing the keyboard using the ps/2 port

Hi all.  I'm an electronics engineering student and I'm currently taking an Advanced Digital Design course.  I need to implement keyboard interface for my project.  I'm using the virtex II pro development board.  My question is, where should I begin?  I'm new to the EDK and ISE and so I'm not too sure how i would implement this module.  So far I've added the microBlaze to my design along with all the necessary parts to support it.  I've thought about using the GPIO and have it connected to the PLB and PS/2 but not too sure on how I would approach that.  Any information would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

-Alaire

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

After some research i've managed to instantiate the ps/2 ip and updated the .ucf file accordingly.  my question now is, what are the proper steps to intialize the ps/2 in the .cpp file.  i plan to use interrupts.  i've also read through the documentations in the xps2.h file but the explanations are vague.  thanks.

-Alaire

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

so i've got the ps/2 port all set up and was able to get polling mode working.  it prints the scan code to the hyperterminal.  i'm trying to implementing using interrupts now and its giving me a really weird error.

microblaze_enable_interrupts' was not declared in this scope

any ideas why this is occuring?  i'm assuming it might be one of the header files i'm missing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

These questions should be posted in the Embedded Processing forums for the right audience.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you want to use interrupt, you should register it in MB first, refer to the xapp778 about interrupt

0 Kudos