cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Issue regarding interrupt generation in EDK 11.4

Hi,

I have developed an embedded system using EDK11.4 to test my custom IP.The design uses PowerPC440 and PLB bus interface.Custom IP is configured to use IPIF interrupt service feature.Interrupt generated from IPIF ISC is forwarded to xps interrupt controller which collects all the interrupts from peripheral device and send it to processor.
I have referred xapp 778 to implement my software code, Code compiles properly but while executing it just keeps on waiting for interrupt. The  interrupt is not captured in  IPIF ISC IPISR register.

The interrupt  generated in  user  logic  is a simple counter logic  generated when  u  do create/import a  peripheral.My user logic  and  xps  interrupt  controller both are working  on  same clk ie.100Mhz.
Can any one guide me as what could be the possible reasons of this behaviour?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Some things to check: Use an output pin and route the periodic signal generating the IRQ to view it with the logic analyser. If it is generated, make sure it is being routed to IP2Bus_IntrEvent in your user logic. If it is, then check if your IPIF IntrController output signal is being correctly routed to the primary interrupt controller. If it is, then you can focus on software.

Some common issues i have seen so far: Using Device ISC when it is not needed or not configuring the capture mode correctly in the IPIF IntrController.

Best,

JM

0 Kudos