Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

MICROBLAZE ENCRYPTION AND FORMAT

Jump to solution

This is regarding the format in which Microblaze is made available to the public. Is it .edif file. Is it encrypted ? If it is encrypted does it follow the IEEEprescribed standard ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am thorough with the documentation,simulation and other associated nuances. Anyways got the info i was looking for in UG896 page 93-96. Thank You for your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@Anindya001 

As I understand it the RTL is encrypted but its architecture is open source. You can distribute the encrypted IP core or the EDIF as long as they are implemented on a Xilinx device.

The edif file is the netlist format of any design.

The other part of your question can be best answered by a Xilinx employee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I Am aware of that what is i asked is

How is Microblaze packaged with VIVADO ? Is it packaged as an Encrypted RTL or as an encrcypted hard macro ? Also what is the file format for Microblaze as packaged ? If the IP is encrypted is it compliant to IEEE1735 ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Have you read the uBlze documentation. Many basic questions are answered there. It would also be very helpful if you can simulate the microblaze example_design.

It is a soft IP core not a hard-macro.

All xilinx IPs are packaged as xci or xcix format.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am thorough with the documentation,simulation and other associated nuances. Anyways got the info i was looking for in UG896 page 93-96. Thank You for your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos