cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MPSOC reset from PL

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone suggest me how to reset MPSOC from PL ? Do we have any options like that ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: MPSOC reset from PL

Please someone respond for this, i am in lack of time. I have been checking in user guides but didn't get any information. Make your suggestions, your help is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I haven't reset the PS from the PL but the interrupts I generate that need to be sent to the PS from the PL I do by enabling these settings in the PS configuration.

Note that you need to use a Concat block to input an interrupt into the pl_ps_irq as it is defined as a vector.

PS_Config_Capture.PNG

Otherwise you may need to output from a PL pin to the PS POR pin at board level to do this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the responce.

I am doing this in the design for some other functionality, in PL i have output port that i have driven directly to the pl_ps_irq port to MPSOC. What is contact block here ?

Otherwise you may need to output from a PL pin to the PS POR pin at board level to do this. Is this statement for resetting MPSOC ?

but i want to reset PS. Is there any other way to reset PS like writing into any soft reset register etc ..?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the link, it helped to find some registers.

I find some registers (RESET_CTRL (CRL_APB) and GLOBAL_RESET (PMU_GLOBAL) ), can we access these register from PL ? if not how to access these registers.

In the PS ONLY RESET part, "PS-only reset can be initiated by Linux command or watchdog timeout or PMU error management block" one line is showing like this. 

Any idea on that Linux command or watchdog timeout ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi ranjithanih@gmail.com 

I'm not sure. But, maybe PMU (include PMUFW) control reset signals.

So, I suggest you to refer a document about PMU.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi ranjithanih@gmail.com 

> Any idea on that Linux command or watchdog timeout ?

Do you try the follwoing command on Linux ?

$ reboot

$ systemctl reboot

$ shutdown -r now

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply Watari.

I haven't tried that commands, i will try. Where can i type this commands (on SDK terminal) hence i have loaded FSBL and Bin from SDK. 

0 Kudos