cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Max Ethernet Speed

according to xapp1026, for s3an and raw mode, i implement a design in s3e starter board. i change the original project (echo server), so i can send data in timer intervals and receive it with an application. how much speed, i can achieve in this example?

in xapp1026, and lwip performance section, there is 20Mbps for xps_ethernetlite core & spartan3e, but how can i generate large data to test this speed. currently, i send counter data in board (among timer intervals) & receive it (with application) & check it for data lost occurances. but the speed (that i have no data lost) is to low.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Max Ethernet Speed

is there any idea?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Max Ethernet Speed

Hi,

This won't help a lot, but a few thoughts.

How long does your print process take ? how fast can it print out.

I know from experience that Ethernet testing is a tricky thing. I was last year trying to test a 10 G link to see what real data rate we could get on that.

I'd look at the Ethernet chips on the different Spartan boards, I know the use of DMA is a great help in getting throughput.

I'd be tempted to get a hardware test point ( use a LED ) to see with a scope the actual timings,  (code profiling )

suggest

when you enter and exit the print routine, 

when you enter and exit the transmit routine.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos