Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broennimann
Observer
Observer

Measurement data transfer PL to PS

Jump to solution

Hy

I need to transfer measurement data from the PL part to the PS part in a Zynq Ultra Scale.

The measurement blocks are 10'000x32Bit word. My I idea was to fill up the data over the porta in a dual ported memory(Port width 32, port depth 10'000). After writing the measurement data to the Block RAM the the PS should be able to read out the data over port b. This readout I planed to do with the AXI BRAM Controller.

Now I realised the the maximum memory deep is lower than my measurement data block.

How could I solve my problem properly? Do I have to split the data over several DPRAMs or is there a way to expand the memory over the maximum size of the BRAM Controller? 

Thanks,

Manuel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vanmierlo
Mentor
Mentor

If you have enough BRAM and no extreme speed requirements you can also use the AXI4-Stream FIFO core (with the two Transmit streams disabled).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dgisselq
Scholar
Scholar

@broennimann ,

Do I understand you correctly that you do not have enough on chip block RAM to hold your data?  If so, the solution would be to transfer your measurement data to off-chip DDR3 SDRAM.  An AXI DMA could be used for this purpose.  If you do have enough block RAM, you might find an open source AXI full interface that isn't fundamentally limited by it's logic to a maximum size might help.  (Your hardware capabilities will still form a fundamental size limitation--the example just doesn't have an arbitrary logic limit.)

Dan

0 Kudos
broennimann
Observer
Observer

Hy Dan,

I have enough block RAM available so I will probably focus on an open source AXI full interface.

thanks for your answer,

Manuel

0 Kudos
vanmierlo
Mentor
Mentor

If you have enough BRAM and no extreme speed requirements you can also use the AXI4-Stream FIFO core (with the two Transmit streams disabled).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos