Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a.turowski2
Visitor
Visitor

Memory test getting stuck

Jump to solution

Hi all,

My company owns iVeia Altas-II-Z8 module with early Zynq Ultascale+ chip xczu9eg-ffvb1156-1-e-es1 on. The board successfully boots and runs Linux derived by iVeia. I wanted to try run some bare metal application on A53 core. To create such an application I have used Xilinx SDK 2016.1 templates available under File->Application Projects. "Hello world" template works fine and outputs stuff over UART1. Next I have tried "Memory Tests" template. It runs, outputs initial message that it starts testing first memory region and gets stuck there forever outputting nothing. In order to find out what is going on I started to modify this test and found out that it gets stuck once it tries to test more than 8KB of either DDR or OCM memory.

Is there something specific (bug, etc.) to ES1 silicon that may prevent memory tests from being successfully run? I presume that there may be some workaround available as uBoot/Linux runs fine.

Kind regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a.turowski2
Visitor
Visitor

It turned out that first stage boot loader was setting up something wrong. iVeia fixed it and the test is running fine now. Unfortunately they didn't tell me what exactly they fixed.

Adam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a.turowski2
Visitor
Visitor

It turned out that first stage boot loader was setting up something wrong. iVeia fixed it and the test is running fine now. Unfortunately they didn't tell me what exactly they fixed.

Adam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos