cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Micro Controller System - Path to core instance

Hi, im currently working on implementing a soft core using the MCS-IP in xilinx for a Spartan 3 board.

I have followed the manual:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_4/ds865_microblaze_mcs.pdf

I do the following:

Name the project: "project1"

Add schematic: "schematic1"

Add pin constraint file: "pinassignment1"

Add the ip_core: "blaze1" (under the normal ipcore_dir/blaze1)

Connects everything in schematic.

Synthesize the project

Open the TCL console

Writing the "Command>source ipcore_dir/microblaze_mcs_setup.tcl". (Finds the core and adds -bm option)

Then i try and implement the design and get the error:

ERROR:NgdBuild:989 - Failed to process BMM information ipcore_dir/blazecore.bmm

Following the guide this should be the result of a wrong "Path of core instance". Its says "This is the actual name used in the instantiation, prefixed with all hierarchical levels below the top instance, separated with /."

So i tried:

"blaze1"

"ipcore_dir/blaze1"

And more. But nothing seems to work. I probably misunderstood the descripsion.

Any idea what i do wrong? What should i write in the "Path of core instance"?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The path to the core instance referred to is the hierarchical name in the netlist. In your case that would be the name of the instance in the schematic (right click on the instance and select Object Properties). InstName must match "Path to Core Instance" in the MicroBlaze MCS Configuration Dialog.

Please try that, and see if it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

It works. Thanks alot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi please tell the reason for this error .i am struggling to resolve this for more than two days............

ERROR:NgdBuild:989 - Failed to process BMM information ipcore_dir/microblaze_mcs.bmm INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 112 bytes at 0x06E00E18 for a 'AddressMappingType' record. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 58 bytes at 0x06E33880 for a StrNew. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 88 bytes at 0x06AC2658 for a 'AddressMapType' record. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 40 bytes at 0x06E337F8 for a 'symbol_context' record. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 38 bytes at 0x06DF47C0 for a StrDup. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 16 bytes at 0x06DF3A60 for a 'DataFileNameListType' record. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 24 bytes at 0x06DF46B8 for a 'AddressSpaceLinkType' record. INTERNAL_ERROR:(null):45 - Memory allocation leak of 96 bytes at 0x06AC2720 for 'void *' data.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I have tried to repeat the issue with ISE 14.7 without success. Can you describe how you got the error, or upload a project that has the error?

In any case, I think you can ignore the memory allocation leak messages.

0 Kudos