cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Microblaze

Hi, i have a QSPI RTL which i checked on KC705 for functionality.For this qspi the inputs are coming from the APB block. I had a seperate file from where the apb takes the address and data and sends it to the qspi block.

Now, i have to connect it to the microblaze and i have to check for the functionality.

So, i created an block design,

-> microblaze connected to adi interconnect connected to the axi apb bridge.

-> i created a ip of my qspi RTL with apb interface and qspi outputs like clk,cs,and 4 data lines.

-> i created the constraint file in this and created an ip and connected to the microblaze.

-> in the microblaze by using xil_out32 function i am passing the address and data to the qspi ip.

-> I connected the processor reset to the qspi block and i had a startup2  in the qspi block. And i connected this ip to the ila.

-> at the apb interface the signals are coming correctly but the qspi outputs are not comming except the cs . Cs is going high and low but the clock and data lines are always  0 .

-> how can i check the functionality of the qspi with the microblaze.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jahnavi.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Microblaze

Hi @jahnavijanu.y ,

It's not clear to me if you have added ILAs to the QSPI RTL core to insure that your register reads/writes are propagating through the RTL correctly.

If you aren't familiar with adding ILAs, please refer to Chapter 10 of UG908.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

Another option would be to try and simulate your MicroBlaze design. This might give you some ideas of where the logic is breaking down.

Regards,

Deanna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------