Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

MpSOC USB3.0 cannot work with SDK Demo

hi, everyone

I am debugging USB3.0 as device mode. I configure the reference clock as 100MHz and read the register PLL_STATUS_READ_1 [pll_lock_status_read] register bit 4 which indicates the GTR has locked. I download the demo exampe  xusbpsu_intr_example and I see  the message "Mass storage Gadget start ...."on com port. But the computer cannot see the following figure mentioned by https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842468/ZynqMp+USB+Stadalone+Driver.

捕获1.JPG

can anyone give me some advice? thanks a lot .

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@handoujack ,

There are few things you can check with the example which you are running with SDK s/w i.e. we call as standalone OS or drivers or bare metal examples: (https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842468/ZynqMp+USB+Stadalone+Driver

1. Check the USB 3.0 cable which you are using to connect to the HOST PC. ( is this cable is USB 3.0 standard approved)

2. Open HOST PC and have a look device manager to have a look does the cable detect any USB device?

3. Have a look the Disk MANAGEMENT, does the flash disk appears or not?  Sometimes firewall stop any USB drive on Win OS or Linux OS PC's. From Disck managment if the falsh device aprears then try using format option for FAT or NTFS and this will work.

4. Have look Vivado s/w PCW (processor configuration Wizard) settings are correct or not for USB3.0 with respect to GTR. Best way is to have a look our ZCU102, preset settings which we have USB0 used as USB3.0, have a look GTR ref clock input and other settings inside the clock generation as  output window in PCW.

If still this does not works then let us know:

a. Which version s/w (VIVADO + SDK) are you using?

b. Which board are you using for tests? custom or Xilinx or Avnet board?

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi

I use Vivado2019.1 and the board is a custom board whose USB3.0 schamatic is same to the ZCU102. The preseting is same to ZCU102 that I use USB0 and use GT-lane2 and reference clock2(reference clock2 ,frequency=100MHz). I use two different usb3.0 cable to test USB3.0 function ,and I close the firewall. 

But the result is still same that I cannot see correct the USB Storage hint on my computer. Nothing appears in the Disk MANAGEMENT.

So how can I verfiy the USB3.0 Core has worked correctly? And other advice? Do I have to use fsbl to reset USB3.0 Core? 

What is the function of USB Reset in the following figure? How can I control it ?  My PCW choice of USB Reset is Boot Pin. Is my choice correct?

捕获1.JPG

0 Kudos