Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Multiple debug modules instantiation

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am using the EDK 13.3 and I have a design with 6 Microblazes connected to a single MDM. I would like to add 4 more Microblazes, however the current MDM version, which is the 2.00b, supports up to 8 Microblazes.I instantiated a 2nd MDM on the same AXI bus, and connected the 4 additional Microblazes to it, but the platgen complained (4 times):

EDK:4197 - SIGNAL: Ext_BRK - multiple drivers found:
   PORT:Ext_BRK -
   C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\mdm_v2_00_b\data\mdm
   _v2_1_0.mpd line 105!
   PORT:Ext_BRK -
   C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\mdm_v2_00_b\data\mdm
   _v2_1_0.mpd line 105!

If I understand correctly, this message is beacuse I'm attemtping to drive the Trace Core Interface Signals (XMTC) from both modules, thus the "multiple drivers found" message.

Can anyone suggest how to bypass this limitation? I know that the MDM 2.10a version supports up to 32 Microblazes, but I don't want to install a newer version of the Xilinx tools at this moment.

Thank you!

dtheodor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

It seems that it is not possible to add more than one MDM in a system:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_3/platform_studio/ps_p_dbg_sw_mb_enabling_debug_logic_on_mb_processors.htm

I'm posting this, so others can see it.

Regards,

dtheodor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

It seems that it is not possible to add more than one MDM in a system:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_3/platform_studio/ps_p_dbg_sw_mb_enabling_debug_logic_on_mb_processors.htm

I'm posting this, so others can see it.

Regards,

dtheodor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos