cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonio.dibacco
Participant
Participant

No luck running "Read eye measurement" in Zynq DRAM Test standalone application on ZYBO

I'm struggling to run the "read eye measurement" test provided by the Zynq DRAM Test standalone application but this test simply doesn't start. I can run other memory tests but this particular test (accessible pressing "r" key) is not working. I waited for several minutes and then I had to reset the board. I got same results on a custom board and I was only successful to run this "read eye measurement" on a ZC706.

Anyone can help?

Untitled 2.png

Regards,

Antonio.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
antonio.dibacco
Participant
Participant

It seems that when starting the "read eye measurement", the code gets stuck in function

int measure_read_eye(int *, int , int , int , int ) while executing the statement in bold:

// disable_ddrc(setreg);

REG_WRITE(R00, ctrl_reg & 0xfffffffe);

REG_WRITE(R2C, reg_2c & ~(1 << 28)  );

REG_WRITE(R65, reg_65 & ~(1 << 16)  );

where 

int R2C = DDR_LOW_BASE + 0x0B0;

Regards.

0 Kudos
antonio.dibacco
Participant
Participant

Found the problem. My board had u-boot already configured on the SPI flash. At startup the micro run the u-boot and registers were configured. This is a problem for the "Read eye measurement" to work properly because it expects the micro to be blank. I simply deleted the u-boot from the flash and now the read eye test measurement is working.

Regards

0 Kudos
kmace

I was running into the same issue and crashing at the same spot, but wiping my flash did not resolve the issue. Did it end up fixing it for you permanently? Do you know why the DDR test needed access to the flash?

0 Kudos
antonio.dibacco
Participant
Participant

As far as I know, the DDR eye test doesn't need access to the FLASH. In my case the flash was programmed with U-BOOT that "messed up" processor registers and then the DDR test eye got "confused". At the end the real problem with my DDR was that power supply was very disturbed when there were a lot of ram accesses. We replaced some inductors that filtered the power supply and everything started to work.

0 Kudos