cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Nonvolatile user preferences storage Zynq

Although I've been digging out through all the posts and web sites, I still can't figure out how could I 

storage, permanently, some user data and preferences in Zynq, for standalone applications.

All what I would like to do is to storage some bytes, in some kind of EPROM type memory. After one 

user session, probably some of these bytes would be changed, and rewritten again to this portion 

of memory.

I know I can't use PL part of the Zynq system, because when system is shutting down, input supply 

is phisically disconnected. So, I guess the only kind of memory I could use for this application is 

Flash memory, but after some testing apps, all the information is erased after image flash-programming.

Is there any option for this?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Serial EEPROM is ideal for storing small amounts of data like this. Small, cheap, and the interface is simple. You could hang it off of the PL or PS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

do you have qspi on your board ? That's something you can use. Or attach an i2c flash to the processor especially if you are storing info about how/what to program to pl.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your quick support and answers.

I'm currently working on a project where the main board is Enclustra Mars ZX3. Reading the user guide, 

it states that performs a small EEPROM memory to store, for instance, serial number and other 

parameters.

This board also includes a Q-SPI flash memory, but, Could I use this memory, instead of EEPROM, for 

my purpouses? As I have understood, flash memory (external proc) performs a complete erase of memory map for 

consistency tasks. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

it depends how you access the spi flash. it is possible to use some sector from TOP  of the spi for paramater storage

of course then you can not do bulk erase only sector erase laters

0 Kudos