Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

PL Configuration DMA channel

Hi, 

I have a question regarding which DMA channel that will be used for PL configuration ? Is it using one of the eight PS-DMAC channel or is the DMA engine for PL configuration is hidden from user? If it is using the PS-DMAC which channel does it use? And if I have fully customized the use of 8 DMAC channels, how does the DMA engine executes partial reconfiguration in the PL ?

Thanks.

five_thunder 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you trying to do? If you want to perform partial reconfiguration the DevC will use DMAC on PS. DevC is connected to DMAC via central interconnect. We don't know which channel of DMAC is been used for this purpose.

Please refer to "PL Configuration via PS Software" section from UG585 for more details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, 

I'm pre-planning on DMA channel usage. If I have the following DMA usage condition mapped to the DMAC, and while running the system, software initiates partial reconfiguration on the fly, how does DevC performs  bitstream DMA  configuration via PCAP? Is it dedicated DMA channel by itself so that it does not jeopardize the other DMA channel operations? 

-Channel 0 : SDIO-DMA

-Channel 1: Ethernet-DMA

-Channel 2: USB-DMA

- Channel 3: PS-DDR DMA

- Channel 4-7 : Customized DMA IP cores for Video, Audio, Data 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check these links
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/ZYNQ-PS-lt-gt-PL-DMA-transfers/td-p/400575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FrgIfE2xfU
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos