Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankush
Visitor
Visitor

PL to PS interrupt generation signalling

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have developed a custom RTL module in PL which generates an interrupt to the PS on an event. I would like to know the signalling format for a level triggered interrupt signal generation.

1. For how many clock cycles should it be high to get successfully detected on PS side?

2. What should the reference clock used to generate this interrupt signal?

I am using Zync Ultrascale+ MPSoC for my design.

Thanks and Regards 

Ankush 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is documented in the TRM for the Zynq Ultrascale (chapter 13):

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1085-zynq-ultrascale-trm.pdf

gic.PNG

The other considerations are that the bsp used in Vitis (baremeral), or the devicetree generator used in Petalinux (linux) will only detect ports of type INTERRUPT when populating the xparameters.h and the devicetree node respectively. So, make sure that you set the port type to INTERRUPT when packaging your RTL. Otherwise you will manually need to populate the interrupt info.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is documented in the TRM for the Zynq Ultrascale (chapter 13):

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1085-zynq-ultrascale-trm.pdf

gic.PNG

The other considerations are that the bsp used in Vitis (baremeral), or the devicetree generator used in Petalinux (linux) will only detect ports of type INTERRUPT when populating the xparameters.h and the devicetree node respectively. So, make sure that you set the port type to INTERRUPT when packaging your RTL. Otherwise you will manually need to populate the interrupt info.

View solution in original post

Ankush
Visitor
Visitor

This was helpful, thank you for the super quick response:)

0 Kudos
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

No problem. Can you marked this as solved as this might help others

0 Kudos