Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Problem Writing to FSL

Jump to solution

HI, 

I have successfully built an FSL module to write to the LEDS on my ML507 board; however, when I try to write to the FSL in software I am getting the following error: 

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/gq114c/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccdTVUck.s: Assembler messages:
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/gq114c/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccdTVUck.s:21: Error: register expected, but saw 'rfslid'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/gq114c/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccdTVUck.s:21: Warning: ignoring operands: rfslid 
make: *** [write_leds/executable.elf] Error 1

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/gq114c/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccdTVUck.s: Assembler messages:/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/gq114c/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccdTVUck.s:21: Error: register expected, but saw 'rfslid'/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/gq114c/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccdTVUck.s:21: Warning: ignoring operands: rfslid make: *** [write_leds/executable.elf] Error 1

I have insured that all FSL interfaces are included in the mhs file and that everything is connected. What could the problem be? My c code is as follows to write to the fsl:

#include "stdio.h" 

#include "xparameters.h"

#include "fsl.h"

int main(void)

{

unsigned int val = 0x55; 

unsigned int id = 0; 

nputfsl(val, id);

return 0; 

}

Thanks for any input.

c

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I found the problem just now, turns out you can't use a variable when writing to the fsl. It is expecting a literal. So by replacing the variable "id" in the c code with 0 (since I am using FSL device 0) it solved the problem. 

c

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I found the problem just now, turns out you can't use a variable when writing to the fsl. It is expecting a literal. So by replacing the variable "id" in the c code with 0 (since I am using FSL device 0) it solved the problem. 

c

View solution in original post

0 Kudos