Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Processing video frames using SDK and VDMA

Hello,

I´ve got a project which takes video frames from a camera, writing and reading them from/to a ddr3 memory  using vdma triple buffer configuration with dynamic genlock setup for the write and read channels and a VGA output.

It is simple design but now I would like to do something with the video frames, for instance to apply some opencv functions, filters, color conversion...etc on SDK using C. Well,  I guess that I can´t operate on the vdma frames directly otherwise I would lose the synchronization....is it any example of video processing on sdk using similar configuration? what would be the best way to approach it? 

Sorry if this question is already answered but after a while searching in the forum I could find nothing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi jlesquer

Please refer the following URL, If you have any Xilinx Eva Board.

It's useful for you even if TRD use HDMI input.

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+Base+TRD+2015.4

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi watari,

I knew about that link, I've got a ZC702 dev board, My question was more about bare metal image processing application using sdk (C code).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This use case is possible to do with the VDMA, but I don't know of any examples showing how to do it.

If it were me, I would use the external genlock feature of the VDMA to expose the genlock pointers. Then you could use a GPIO controlled by software to indicate to the VDMA which of its frames the processor is working on so that it will not overstep it.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi bwiec,

Thanks for the answer,  it might be a good idea, I'll try what you suggest and see what happens.

0 Kudos