cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zguo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Processor System Reset not letting me change external reset polarity?

I have a design that has multiple reset signals for various reasons, and to generate the appropriate secondary resets I'm using a couple of processor system resets in the block design. I've had to delete and re-add them a couple of times, but for some reason now all of the new reset blocks I add in no longer allow me to change the ext reset logic level, they are fixed to auto. Why would this be? This is in Vivado 2017.1.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pvenugo

Hi,

Please share the block design you are using in 2017.1.

Could you clean the block design and recreate them? That may help.

Or, make ext_reset_in pin external and then change the polarity of external reset port to active high. After saving your design, tool would automatically change the polarity of ext_reset_in pin to active high.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
zguo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can't share the design. At this point it's starting to look like every processor reset that I instantiate I can't change the polarity, whereas the processor resets that get instantiated when I do any sort of design automation in the block design, I can go and modify. Seeing as I need to get the design working, I just flipped the polarity of my reset signal and left it at that.
0 Kudos
legendbb
Voyager
Voyager

Just to add here, I ran into the similar issue. 2017.1, although Processor System Reset (5.0) GUI seems allow setting "Ext Reset Logic Level", but after change it to "1", click [OK] close reopen, it stuck at "0". And my hardware test shows, it's "0".

0 Kudos
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The input reset signals polarity are propagated from the ports driving them.

Is this the case here?
0 Kudos
bulentcandan
Observer
Observer

Hello,

I have the same issue and the driving port is defined as RST port. I have set the dirving port level to logic 1 but the Ext Reset In polarity stuck at logic level 0. I can update the AUX Reset in with same method bu not Ext Reset In.

Thank you

0 Kudos