Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

QSPI + NAND at once

Jump to solution

hi,

is it possible to use QSPI and NAND flash at once. 

In detail, I want to use QSPI for Booting and NAND-Flash for Linux-file-system storage. Is this possible? 

I ask, because both flashes use separate chip-selects and the TRM is not clear about this

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
No you can't use QSPI & NAND at the same time. Actually TRM [UG585 (v1.6.1) on page 50] says:
Static Memory Controller (SMC) Interface:Only one SMC memory interface can be used in a design. The SMC controller consumes many of the MIO pins and neither of the SMC memory interfaces can be routed to the EMIO. For example, if an 8-bit NAND Flash is implemented, then Quad-SPI, is not available ...
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Not sure but  for your purpoae, I think SD card can be a good choice...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
No you can't use QSPI & NAND at the same time. Actually TRM [UG585 (v1.6.1) on page 50] says:
Static Memory Controller (SMC) Interface:Only one SMC memory interface can be used in a design. The SMC controller consumes many of the MIO pins and neither of the SMC memory interfaces can be routed to the EMIO. For example, if an 8-bit NAND Flash is implemented, then Quad-SPI, is not available ...
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for clarification.

Then all the boards which mount a QSPI and a NAND-Flash are wasting memory. :-(

0 Kudos