Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salizaidi
Visitor
Visitor

QSPI & SPI controller

Jump to solution

Can I use qspi to store just the boot image(FSBL+RTOS bootloader+ RTOS Kernel)?. And SPI flash to store rest of the configuration firmware I need to store?

I understand that Zynq has seprate QSPI controller and SPI controller. Does this mean both controller support different memories?

I was thinking of using 16mbytes of QSPI memory because its 3 byte addresable and 64Mb for SPI memory, how much memory does the SPI controller support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
SPI controller can't be used as a direct boot source. It enables communications with a variety of peripherals such as memories,
temperature sensors, pressure sensors, analog converters, real-time clocks, displays, and any SD card with serial mode support.

You can use 64MB flash with SPI controller.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
SPI controller can't be used as a direct boot source. It enables communications with a variety of peripherals such as memories,
temperature sensors, pressure sensors, analog converters, real-time clocks, displays, and any SD card with serial mode support.

You can use 64MB flash with SPI controller.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

xupeili2006
Visitor
Visitor
In fact, you can use 128MB flash with qspi controller.
0 Kudos
ericv
Scholar
Scholar
The 2 controllers are independent: they access the memory using different pins (wires)
Both controllers are memory size agnostic.
0 Kudos