Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Quad SPI in Performance mode stalls bus

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a problem similar to the one described in this post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/crawl_message?board.id=EMBEDDED&message.id=18070

I also get errors when synthesizing, related to burst length, and I managed to catch faulty AXI operation when accessing QSPI, which causes MicroBlaze to stall some time later. Although I'm not sure why exactly does it stall later, and not at once, this operation is definitely not per spec - burst length 0x0 returns read data of a very long burst. See attached picture.

Is this problem solved in some future version of Vivado/QSPI? I saw no bug fix in the QSPI log.

I'm using Vivado 2016.3, and custom SW for driving QSPI paired with DMA for data transfers.

Regards

Srdjan

MB_stall.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Quad SPI in Performance mode stalls bus

Jump to solution
I have reported this bug to factory a couple of months ago and they are investigating this. I'll update this thread once we have a fix.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Quad SPI in Performance mode stalls bus

Jump to solution
I have reported this bug to factory a couple of months ago and they are investigating this. I'll update this thread once we have a fix.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos