cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Query- Video & imaging IP pack and Open CV

I have ordered Zynq-7000 Video and Imaging Kit needs clarification on the following points:

1- plz. tell the IP cores avalable from xilinx Video & imaging IP pack are in C,VHDL OR verilog.

2- Can the IP cores be ported on FPGA fabric or processing system or can be both.

3- if user needs a custom implemenattion of some video codec using OPEN CV libraries can it be ported on both Fabric and processing system or both.

4- whther the refrence design provided stores the video frame in DDR3, as no video encoder has been used in the design flow seen.

looking for ur kind reply.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

1. These are the IPs in the Video and Image Processing pack: http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-vid-img-ip-pack.html. You can instantiate them in either VHDL or Verilog designs.

2. These particular IP are fabric-only.

3. Yes, the ARM will run standard OpenCV libs and Vivado HLS also supports OpenCV so it should be very easy to port.

4. I don't understand your question. Are you looking for an example design showing video encoder?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

thanks for ur reply....

1- plz clarify me : Can OpenCV libraries be executed/imlemented on FPGA fabric also.If yes HOW?

2- Does Vivado HLS provide OpenCV libraries.Plz. help me to track the path for the same.

3- do we have any small refrence design to understand/test OpenCV intergration with tool.

4- Do the OpenCV libraries provide video encoder API also.Can we locate them.

Looking for ur great help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Plz, commant on this too:

Do the OpenCV libraries provide video encoder/Codec API also.

0 Kudos