Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sha@hys
Explorer
Explorer

Reducing Interrupt execution time

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am doing a project where LPDDR on board acts like shared memory between VHDL module and microblaze. I am storing bss in  application for microblaze  in a section of LPDDR and the rest is used by my VHDL module.

Initially when I started development I did my microblaze part only. The bss segment alone was stored in the LPDDR and rest in internal BRAM. I used an MIG contrller from XPS to communicate to LPDDR then. There is an interrupt loop in this C program that executed in 26us.

Now I have integrated this with VHDL module and is using MPMC controller to communicate from VHDL side and microblaze side. The C program bss segment alone lies in DDR and other segments in internal BRAM ie same scenario as in individual testing. But now same interrupt loop takes 200us in execution.

I want to reduce interrupt execution time. Any suggestions on this issue are welcome. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnmcd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You could add a bram controller and modify your linkerscript to place the interrupt service routine into that bram. You can also use attributes on your interrupt service function in order to place it into a custom memory region that would be defined in the linkerscript.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
johnmcd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You could add a bram controller and modify your linkerscript to place the interrupt service routine into that bram. You can also use attributes on your interrupt service function in order to place it into a custom memory region that would be defined in the linkerscript.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos