Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pzadek
Visitor
Visitor

SDK Lwip echo example, TCP server problem

Hi every one!

I have got strange problem i searched solution on forum but nobody have the same problem.

I generated system using EDK, based on ML605 board. I add axi timer (marked using interrupt), next i add AXI Ethernet Embedded IP and also mark using interrupt. In SDK i use sample project LwIP echo example. When I run the application in hardware sometimes everything works fine for a while. I can connect to server using telnet. By when i send data for a while the application is suspend. It doesn't response for a ping. I must restart everything. Sometimes also the application can't establish and I have got following error:

-----lwIP TCP echo server ------
TCP packets sent to port 6001 will be echoed back
Board IP: 192.168.1.10
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
auto-negotiated link speed: 100
Unable to bind to port 7: err = -8

but ML605 still response for a ping... It just I can't connect to a board.  After That I must re-run application for a many many time...

I am newbie in embedded processor. Many thanks for help!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you a firewall on your machine? If so, disable it
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hey dude, i am doing the exact on ML410 and having same problem as you. I can ping the host PC but cannot connect through hyperterminal/teraterm. I am using the basic lwip echo server. Did turning off firewall solved your problem? Also I cannot type on my hyperterminal window. Is it because I am unable to connect to my host PC? Because I can type on the screen while using COM1.

Regards,

jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
san_2190
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

The error message u got 'Unable to bind to port 7: err = -8', says your port is already in use . Stop using this port 7 for any other application and try with your echo server.

Regards

-San

0 Kudos
apanahi
Visitor
Visitor

@jeevanreddymandali
Could you solve the problem? I have the same issue on Virtex 7.

0 Kudos
apanahi
Visitor
Visitor

@anatoli

Don't you have any idea about @jeevanreddymandali's problem? We have the same issue on Virtex 7.

Or if you can mention the right person I will appreciate that.

0 Kudos