cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacob.varghese
Participant
Participant

SDK QSPI Flash interface Issue

I am using QSPI protocol to communicate with external Numonyx Flash(N25Q128).In XPS the QSPI IPcore is configurated but when I try to export SDK through PlanAhead the generated BSP platform is having SPI driver code not QSPI drivers. when I copy xilinx design example "xqspips_flash_polled_example.c" , I am getting error like #include "xqspips.h"  fatal error no such file or directory defined.

Can someone please help me out?I am struck with this issue for almost one week now..... :(

0 Kudos
11 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check this document
http://www.dejazzer.com/ee478/labs/lab6_mem_ext_spi.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp951.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
jacob.varghese
Participant
Participant

Hey,

thank you for replying...

I have gone through the documents it says nothing about QSPI interface.I have attached the XPS core configuration,.xml file and .mss file. Please tell me what I am missing...

Processor : microblaze

Board        :  Kintex  KC705 

QSPI_ipcore.png
0 Kudos
pvenugo

Hi Jacob,

You might need to check the BSP folder in SDK project sources if the file is missing or generated.

The header file should be there inside and the directory of the file will be ..\SDK\SDK_Export\standalone_bsp_0\ps7_cortexa9_0\libsrc\qspips_v2_03_a\src.

I have attched the .h file for you.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
qspi.jpg
0 Kudos
jacob.varghese
Participant
Participant

hello Praveen,

please note ......

SDK.png
0 Kudos
pvenugo

Hi Jacob,

Yes, the header file is missing in your project. Try to add the attached xspips.h from the previous reply into your  project directory.

Regards

Praveen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

The SPI driver supports AXI QSPI IP as well. QSPIPS is the driver for PS QSPI on zynq. You are probably not using Zynq, so you need not worry about it.

In SDK, click on the documentation link next to "axi_quad_spi_0" and scroll to the end of the html file.

spi_support_qspi.png

On the original issue, is it possible for you to archive the workspace and attach it? I will take a look.

0 Kudos
jacob.varghese
Participant
Participant

Hello,

So I tired including that header file but now it showing that  #include "xqspips_hw.h" is not defined.One workaround will be to include all related header file and c file, but my doubt is wont it be generated automatically by SDK when I include the XML file in which I have specified my mode is QSPI.

0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

Are you using Hard QSPI controller on Zynq?

If not, as posted above, SPI driver does support QSPI. You do not need the header "xqspips.h" - in fact are trying the wrong example "xqspips_flash_polled_example.c".

On the system.mss page, in your screenshot, click on examples next to "axi_quad_spi_0" and use them instead.
0 Kudos
jacob.varghese
Participant
Participant

Hello samptad,

Many thanks...... I will try with this.... :)

0 Kudos
ouyangli

I have the same problem, have you solved it?
0 Kudos