Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p.lerolland
Contributor
Contributor

Sending Data from PL to PS

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been working with my Zedboard for a few weeks now and I am having a lot fo trouble understanding how to transfer data from the PL to the PS. I am using Vivado 2015.4 and coding in VHDL.

I would like to acquire the data from a parallel ADC, process the data in the FPGA then send the data to the PS.

I created my custom IP to drive my ADC and read from it. I added an AXI Master Interface but I don't know how to use it. Does someone know a good tutorial on how to use this AXI Master Interface? For now, I limited this to a lite master interface just to be able to successfully transfer 1 byte of data but even this has not been possible. I tried to write something like this:

axi_wdata(11 downto 0) <= DATA_ADC;

but I have an error about multiple driver for axi_wdata so I figured I am not doing it the right way. The code has been generated automatically by Vivado for the AXI Master Lite Interface.

Any idea?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
p.lerolland
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

After a month of work and research on my side, I changed the architecture.

For those who are trying to achieve the same results, this is what I did:

- Custom IP with

- AXI Slave Lite to control the module

- AXI Stream Master to send to data out of the module

- A data array to store the array data in my module (So I can acquire at a certain speed, and send at the full AXI Speed)

- AXI DMA module to receive the stream from the Custom IP and store it in the DDR

This is pretty straightforward as long as you know how to code an AXI Stream Master interface.

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
p.lerolland
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

After a month of work and research on my side, I changed the architecture.

For those who are trying to achieve the same results, this is what I did:

- Custom IP with

- AXI Slave Lite to control the module

- AXI Stream Master to send to data out of the module

- A data array to store the array data in my module (So I can acquire at a certain speed, and send at the full AXI Speed)

- AXI DMA module to receive the stream from the Custom IP and store it in the DDR

This is pretty straightforward as long as you know how to code an AXI Stream Master interface.

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
deepak1991
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello p.lerolland,

I am doing the same thing what u tried.but i am facing probelms like how to send data between PS and PL.Please give some suggestions.

Deepak

joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Thank you very much for sharing your solution. I am trying to do the same. 

0 Kudos