Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinaemadeldin
Observer
Observer

Sending data from ARM PS to PL

Jump to solution

How can I ensure that each time I write a data from PS to PL through Xil_Out command I latch it at the clock edge? and what if I want to write to a register through Xil_Out and read from another one through Xil_In at the same time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sabankocal
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @dinaemadeldin ,

You can write into a register and after that you can check it immediately after.

But you need to know communication between PS & PL is also related with features of related address blocks.

When you configure your address block differently you can see different results, because of sharing and caching properties.

It changes also read/write speeds.

I can share my previous post about that. I lived a speed problem about PS to PL and vice versa.

I solved it by changing features of related address range.

Saban

<--- If reply is helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question --->

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sabankocal
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @dinaemadeldin ,

You can write into a register and after that you can check it immediately after.

But you need to know communication between PS & PL is also related with features of related address blocks.

When you configure your address block differently you can see different results, because of sharing and caching properties.

It changes also read/write speeds.

I can share my previous post about that. I lived a speed problem about PS to PL and vice versa.

I solved it by changing features of related address range.

Saban

<--- If reply is helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question --->

View solution in original post

0 Kudos