Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GorkaFraunhofer
Observer
Observer

Spi Ps Zynq + external Interrupt

Hello all,

I am currently using the Z-7020 (zynq on ZYBO board), and have already implemented and check the SPI interface signals (between Zynq and external sensor) that are output from the PS (no AXI-qspi IP) to an oscilloscope. My question now is if someone has some tips on how to merge an interrupt signal coming from the same external sensor to the GIC within the Zynq. I have read that this controller can not be accessed from outside, but I need to trigger it since I do not want the polling method as data retriever.

Could I trigger the IRQ_fabric port (as it is done with regular PL IPs) with an EMIO signal, and if so, how can this be done? should I implement an IP to handle this?

Is it better to read within the PS this IRQ from the EMIO, and enter the interrupt handler within the spiPs driver? Does anyone have a suggestion if this has worked?

Thank you and best regards,

Gorka Iturbe

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
abhinayp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @GorkaFraunhofer 

Yes, you can implement the same with the help of EMIO pins. Interrupt signal has to be connected to the EMIO pin, then connect the line to irq post of the Zynq.

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos