cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Streaming audio file from ram through ac97

hi all.  i'm trying to stream an audio file from ram into my ac97 codec but i don't know how i should approach this.  any hints or tips on how i should get started?  also, does anyone know what type of data the ac97 takes in?  i doubt it'll take in .wav files.  i'm considering converting the .wav file into raw data using matlab and using the xmd to write it to ram.  any suggests will be of much help.  thanks.

-alaire

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Are you asking for a referral to a design service for hire?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

no i'm working on a project in which i use the keyboard to trigger an output of a sound file through the ac97 of the virtex II pro development board.  so far i've instantiated the ac97 codec provided by

http://embedded.olin.edu/xilinx_docs/projects/audio-v2p.php

it was an ise project so i had to import the peripheral into edk and all it does now is output a buzzing noise.

thanks.

0 Kudos