Synchronizing Multiple AXI streams using fifo concepts in vivado

n
8f955e0d8c5321105eadcdc4e1095619.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
theertharamesha
Adventurer
Adventurer

can u please tell me the how to use different clock domain in a single design.

I mean I am trying to write to the DDR USING  a vdma at 27MHZ. Then trying to read the same thing from DDR using Another  vdma at 13mhz, till this point my design is working correctly.. but after I read from DDR I passed that  data to one of our customized IP block there I want to run that block at 54 mhz. I couldn't able to do the last part .. I am getting the frequency mismatching error between the two vdma block .. could you please tell me what changes I am supposed to make in my design ..

with regards

ramesh

0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should use an interconnect. This can do the clock conversion for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
theertharamesha
Adventurer
Adventurer

thanks for your valuable reply...can u please tell me which interconnect should I have to use..

.with regards

ramesh

0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

@theertharamesha just instantiate the standard axi interconnect and use two different clocks for two different slave ports. Vivado will notice the two clocks are not related and generate the right contents for the interconnect.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos