Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akhilchandra
Visitor
Visitor

U-boot Linux on Zynq

Hello,
I am using Windows 7 and Vivado 2015.2. I am trying to U-boot Linux on Zynq 7000. I have seen that there are always dicussions on Linux OS but not on Windows. My question is, is it possible to Boot Linux on Zynq by using Windows 7? If so could some one provide me a link where to start.

I have seen some Xilinx tutorials where he is using windows to boot but uses a shell konsole. Which is not very efficient in my case as shown in the tutorial. May be I have downloaded it from a wrong place.

http://www.xilinx.com/training/zynq/how-to-create-zynq-boot-image-using-xilinx-sdk.htm

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
guillaumebres
Scholar
Scholar

@akhilchandra wrote:

My question is, is it possible to Boot Linux on Zynq by using Windows 7?

If you mean building the linux system, I would recommend using Linux because cross-compiling is really convenient, I'm not even sure you can cross-build a program on Windows (maybe setting up some kind of IDE like Eclipse to call a specific toolchain?)

The Xilinx SDK is based on Eclipse and I think it allows you to build an embedded Linux image.

@akhilchandra wrote:

I have seen some Xilinx tutorials where he is using windows to boot but uses a shell konsole.

I'm not sure of what you mean but if you mean accessing the embedded system, then Linux is really convenient, you can also do it on Windows with the SDK console or any UART interface.

gw.
Embedded Systems, DSP, cyber
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

U-Boot is running on Zynq.

Not on your PC, neither on Linux nor Windows.

Via UART you are just interfacing the U-Boot console, which should look like this:

zynq-uboot>

But, it doesn't matter which OS you use to interface Zynq.

On windows Tera Term is the way to go.

0 Kudos