Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
san_2190
Adventurer
Adventurer

UART multiple bytes receive problem using microblaze -kc705 board

Hi,

Im sending a total of 133 bytes from the host pc's virtual com port to the UART on KC705 board . The uart ipcore is connected to the microblaze processor. The uart receives only 29 bytes out of which only the first 19 bytes are accurate and remaining 10 bytes are corrupted. I hv wriiten the host code on pc using windows programming to send 133 bytes of data. All 133 bytes are sent from the pc's com port. what could be the problem with uart ?

Regards

San

0 Kudos
4 Replies
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Which example source code are you using to transfer multiple bytes?

As i understand the uartlite polled example code, the buffer size is set to 16 bytes.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
san_2190
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Hem,

Im not using the polling method. Im using interrupt to receive data on uart. The example source code is xuartlite_intr_example.c .... Moreover I have increased the test buffer size to 133.

Regards

San.

0 Kudos
tessitd
Explorer
Explorer

Sounds like an overflow problem, what flow control are you using on the UART port?  If "none" this could be why you are missing data.

TomT...

0 Kudos
san_2190
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi TomT,

The flow control option seems to appear only on the port settings for the PC's com port . And it is "NONE". I have not included the flow control option in both the windows host code and processor code. What should the flow control option be set to ?? 

-San

0 Kudos