Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

UG940 Lab 4 (Microblaze) fails to synthesize

Hi,

I am attempting to synthesize a Microblaze CPU on a KC705 eval board. I follow the instructions of UG940 (v2015.4) lab 4 exactly. However when I get to Step 7 - Synthesize - it fails and does not genetate a netlist. There are no erros in the failure - just 279 warnings.

I also tried many other simpler complexes with just MicroBlaze, DDR3, and LEDs (GPIO) - and they all fail in exactly the same manner. However when I remove the DDR3 and build this simple complex - it builds fine. Problem seems to be with DDR3.

I am using Vivado 2015.2. Please help.

Thank You

Ravi

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

r,

Be sure the version of Vivado matches the ug940 revision:  if the document requires a particular version, you must use that version.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @rmasand

Please share the log file to further check on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Log file is attached. Thank You.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@rmasand Looks like tool is crashing. Can you please run lab 4 tcl script from attachement and check if it is working?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@pratham  Tried running the script. Seemed to run longer - but in the end it too failed. In a different manner. It said -

"Command failed: Run 'synth_1 failed. Unable to open"

I have attached the log file.

Thanks for your help.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@rmasand You have sent me the same log. Attach new log and send it

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sorry @pratham. Log is attached.

(The old log was 5969 kB, the new one, attached, is 6142 kB)

Ravi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@rmasand Again, You have attached same log. Please attach your project here i would give it a run.

Had it been different run it would have been diff time stamp, I find similar crash in this log with no error message

-Pratham

forums.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @pratham,

The compressed file is too large for the forum. I have uploaded it to...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EEB57921FCFADA52!2887&authkey=!AG71fwU7kBeZGXA&ithint=folder%2czip

Simply right click and download.

Thanks for your help.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@rmasand I got your project. It is working fine at me end. Can you upgrade to latest vivado and give a try? Worth updating 2015.2.1 before you give a shot with 2015.4.

Let me know if you have need your compiled project

-Pratham

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks @pratham. Will try it in the next few days and get back to you.

Ravi

0 Kudos