Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Use XADC on KC705 Evaluation board

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to use the XADC block on Kintex-7 device on the KC705 Evaluation board to read the internal temperature. I am trying to instantiate a Microblaze processor and connect it the XADC wizard in Vivado. After the bitstream is ready, program the Microblaze to read the internal temperature using the sysmon driver in SDK. Is this the right way to use the XADC? I am not able to read anything on the SDK terminal after running the code on the processor.

Dimple

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @pvenugo,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the SDK -based method that you have suggested. Everything compiles correctly, both, in Vivado and SDK. However, when I run the code, it gets stuck at the  XSysMon_CfgIntialialize() function. I can't figure out where the issue is. Any idea what the problem could be?

In case of the HW-manager, I can see the temperature and voltage graphs, and can also see the values in a tabular format. Is there a way to log these values? When I export the values to excel, it just exports the current values into the excel file. However, is there a way to collect the data if I want values for a couple of minutes?

Thanks,

Dimple

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @dimple.sharma,

You need to export microblaze design to SDK and using example application for SYSMON which will help you to read internal temperatures using drivers. That is one of the way. 

Make sure the application has print statement to read temperatures.

Another way is to use HW manager in Vivado and there you can check for temperature.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @pvenugo,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the SDK -based method that you have suggested. Everything compiles correctly, both, in Vivado and SDK. However, when I run the code, it gets stuck at the  XSysMon_CfgIntialialize() function. I can't figure out where the issue is. Any idea what the problem could be?

In case of the HW-manager, I can see the temperature and voltage graphs, and can also see the values in a tabular format. Is there a way to log these values? When I export the values to excel, it just exports the current values into the excel file. However, is there a way to collect the data if I want values for a couple of minutes?

Thanks,

Dimple

View solution in original post

0 Kudos