Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsipak
Contributor
Contributor

Use a custom AXI Interconnect IP

Jump to solution

Hey!

When I want to use an AXI-mapped IP, I connect it via AXI Interconnect and set an address in Address Editor - I know how to do this and it works well.

However, now I would like to connect some custom IP directly into the M_AXI_GP0 port of ZYNQ7000.
It's not clear to me how address map would work in this case. Of course the Address Editor won't allow me to enter any address because there's no Interconnect, but it shows this :
Data (32 address bits: 0x40000000 [1G]).

1. Does it mean that any read/write to addresses in 0x40000000 - 0x4FFFFFFF range will be issued to the IP connected to the M_AXI_GP0 port?

2. Will Vivado assume that there's nothing connected to AXI and make my custom IP unreachable? (I'm considering since it won't appear in the Address Editor)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ksloatdesignlinx
Explorer
Explorer

1G starting from 0x40000000 would be to 0x7FFFFFFF. This makes sense too, that's the full addressable range of the M_AXI_GP0 port.

Selection_016.png

I suppose Vivado does not let you edit this, because it's likely a fixed characteristic of a dedicated port from the PL to the PS, unlike with an AXI interconnect IP which is customizable soft IP.

Ken Sloat - Embedded Software Engineer
https://www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies

An interconnect uses very little resources, I cannot see a good reason to avoid them

0 Kudos
ksloatdesignlinx
Explorer
Explorer

1G starting from 0x40000000 would be to 0x7FFFFFFF. This makes sense too, that's the full addressable range of the M_AXI_GP0 port.

Selection_016.png

I suppose Vivado does not let you edit this, because it's likely a fixed characteristic of a dedicated port from the PL to the PS, unlike with an AXI interconnect IP which is customizable soft IP.

Ken Sloat - Embedded Software Engineer
https://www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post