Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Using the amba bus

Hello,
I don't know if I post it on the right forum, sorry if I wrong.
i have the Zedboard.
i have searched a lot but I probaly miss the point.

i want to use data and to transfer data from the processing system to the programable logic section via the amba bus
is there any library for c that have function to implement the amba bus ?
for example
sendDatatobus(data,addr)
or something like that?
Does it depends on what Linux I have on the Zedboard?

how do I do it?

thank you!
idan.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What data do you need to send?

Please check this link and see if it helps

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/%D0%A1onnection-PS-and-PL-in-ZYNQ/td-p/278520

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted

It depends on how you are connecting your PL side peripherals with PS - HP or GP interface and what kind of data transfer you want to make? Ideal methodology would be to use an axi_dma IP in PL to receive/send data via the AXI HP or GP interfaces and you can find the axi_dma drivers and API's in the install.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you!

Which of these transfer types enables the processing system intervention?
And for example I have got data from the Ethernet to the ps section. Now I want to transfer this data to the pl section via the amba bus.. (Cause Dma does not intervention the cpu?)
0 Kudos