Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

VCU108 BPI Flash usage - AXI EMC?

Hi,

there is some example how a need to configure AXI EMC controller for use BPI flash on board?

A found not on pg100-axi-emc.pdf page 62-63, but it isnt works, i m not sure how i use the startup IO.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Moved to Embedded Processor System Design Board

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

AXI EMC example shown here is tested on KC705 and VCU108 connected to linear flash.

You may want to refer to the flash device you have interfaced to and set timing parameters accordingly in EMC configuration page.

With regard to how to use startup primitive please refer to the answer record http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62376.html

Regards

Praveen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi.

I have had same problem. Previous post is very useful. According to example AXI_EMC_IP_STARTUPE3 my system start working. Functions XFlash_Initialize from XilFlash lib and FlashInit from Micron software driver are working.

Best Regards,

Andrei.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Thank you.

I get it working, but I have a strange issue - I configure bitstream with bootloader, and if board start up, it boots, but firmware data (srec on high area in flash) is corrupted. But if I load this same bitstream form sdk, everything works. A think its need for some configuration of startup primitive after cold boot?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

The answer is here.

0 Kudos