Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yasetov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2014.1 ZC706 HDMI

Hi,

I'd like to know if someone has already created a design using Vivado 2014.1 and implementing the HDMI controller on the ZC706 board.

I've been trying to follow this tutorial for the Zedboard (http://zedboard.org/design/1521/11), but I'm having license problems with one IP (Chroma Resampler) when generating the bitstream.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI,

Please visit the first link and click on  "How do I generate a license key to activate this core?" and follow the steps in second link

http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/EF-DI-CHROM-RESAMP.htm

http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ipaccess_fee.htm

If you have already genarted a HW evaluation license and the tool is not recognizing it please regenrate the core and try again

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
yasetov
Adventurer
Adventurer

..I trying to use the evaluation version for this IP, I thought it'd be possible to generate the bitstream. Reading here (http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ipaccess_fee.htm) I understand that the full license is required. Is that it?
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Which type of evaluation license do you have for this core?

Simulaton only or Hardware Evaluation license?

If you are having hardware evaluation license then you can generate the bit stream for the core and evaluate the core.

But the hardware evaluation license works for only limited time.

You need to buy a full license if don't want to have this timeout  and to use it in your final designs. 

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
yasetov
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm using Hardware Evaluation License.

Concerning the  timeout, do you know how long is it?

0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The timeout will be from 1 to 8 hours.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
yasetov
Adventurer
Adventurer

..1 to 8 hours, thanks.
Anyway, I don't understand why Vivado can't write the bitstream (even if it should last 1 hour).
I made the design using ISE 14.6 and it seems to work. How is this possible? Will this ISE-generated bitstream stop working after 1 or 8 hours as Satish said?
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

If Vivado is not able to generate the bitstream then i doubt it is detecting the license file properly.

Do you see a hardware evaluation license being detected in the Vivado license Manager.

If you have used Hardware evaluation license in ISE for this core then the time out will happen.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos