cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

Hello, I am trying to communicate with an I2C slave that requires 1.5 kOhm pullup resistors on SCL/SDA.  I was going to solder in physical resistors myself, but then remembered the pullup column in the Vivado configurator (attached).

I can change the "disabled" to enabled easily enough, but I cannot find any documentation on what pullup resistor values is used in Zynq.  On the MIO pins, the pullup can be en/disabled through MIO register, so I wondered what this pullup option does exactly.  Can you please refer me to a documentation that lists the pullup resistor values used inside the Zynq chip?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

WEAK, need add extra R pullup or then use 10khz clock when only internal pullup is available

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: What does the MIO pullup option in Vivado PS configuration wizard IO window do?

Thank you!
So internal pullup can only be used if fSCL < 10 kHz? Where can I find that documentation please?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

nowhere.

it is so, when I say so.

36 years of experience, it is heavy but I carry on

:)

it probably works bit above 10K also, but 10K is safe bet.

0 Kudos