cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

When does the Zynq Processor System Reset IP assert the reset signal?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using the Vivado IP integrator. By default does the peripheral_reset output on the Processor System Reset module assert the reset signal once at device configuration or does it get asserted periodically in some way? What behavior can I expect from the default reset signals? 

Thanks, I appreciate all help

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Take a look at the product guide PG164. Peripheral_reset is synchonised to the clock connected to slowest_sync_clk. Assertion of the ouput reset signals can be triggered by ext_reset_in, aux_reset_in, mb_debug_sys_rst and dcm_locked. If all of the reset source inputs are inactive, dcm_locked is active and slowest_sync_clk is toggling, then the peripheral_reset output will be inactive.

The reset module will 'time' all outputs for a clean startup. For example, bus_struct_reset deasserts, followed by peripheral_reset, followed by mb_reset.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Yikes, I hope I don't have to set up a simulation to answer this question 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Take a look at the product guide PG164. Peripheral_reset is synchonised to the clock connected to slowest_sync_clk. Assertion of the ouput reset signals can be triggered by ext_reset_in, aux_reset_in, mb_debug_sys_rst and dcm_locked. If all of the reset source inputs are inactive, dcm_locked is active and slowest_sync_clk is toggling, then the peripheral_reset output will be inactive.

The reset module will 'time' all outputs for a clean startup. For example, bus_struct_reset deasserts, followed by peripheral_reset, followed by mb_reset.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos