cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Writing Zynq board custom XML configuration file for Zynq-7015

I am looking for some sort of documentation on writing an XML configuration file for describing Zynq PS. Does such a document exist?

A few sources say just use Xilinx Platform Studio (XPS) and export the xml file but (I have done this and) there are problems with using XPS:

1) Does not support certain Zynq chips/packages (e.g. I'm using Zynq-7015 which is not supported on XPS)

2) Certain configurations that can be configured using the PS Configuration Wizard (PCW) in Vivado are not possible to configure in XPS; e.g. enabling/disabling multiple FCLKx PL clock outputs and enabling F2P_IRQ[15:0] interrupt vector

Those are the main problems I am having now and there is very little (if no) documentation on the interwebs about writing PS xml configuration files and the possible PCW parameters that can be configured and their names, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

WRONG WROMG WRONG

this is supported in Vivado 2014.4 and newer, you can save and load PS config now. This is  new in 2014.4

PLEASE stop using ISE/XPS they do not exist :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

As trenzal pointed out, please use Vivado to create the bitstream of your design and exporting the design will generate hdf/xml files.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos