Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx Mpsoc Proudction Silicon CAN high baud rate issue

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am very new to this community and this is my first question on this forum. I am using Xilinx MPSoc Production Silicon board and using Linux version 2018.02 downloaded from http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+2018.2+Release for zcu102. I am establishing CAN communication with the board and using KOMDO as host device. The problem is that if i communicate within 200 Kbps the message successfully transmits, but if i increase Bit Rate to 250 Kbps or more then message gets corrupted, and KOMDO shows following error:

CAN Error -- Dir: RX, Type: Form, Pos: ACK Delimiter 
CAN Error -- Dir: RX, Type: Other, Pos: Tolerate Dominant Bits

However upto 200 Kbps bit rate message successfully transmitted to the host side. The MPSOC documents mention that supported Bit Rate is upto 1Mbps, There is no issue with komdo as i tested it with other devices and it successfully work for 1Mbps.

CAN commands by which i am communicating are:

canconfig can0 bitrate 250000
canconfig can0 start
cansend can0 -i 0x14 0x44 //dummy 0x44 byte to transmit
canconfig can0 stop

Kindly let me know what can be wrong with my setup. Any help would be very highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Hamza.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Xilinx Mpsoc Proudction Silicon CAN high baud rate issue

Jump to solution

I mean the physical termination resistor on the can-transmission-lines (usually 120 Ohm on each end of the bus).

compare: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9759/en

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Have you terminated your CAN-Connection properly? For slower Bitrates, it might kind-of work with improper/no termination, but won't be reliable. For higher bitrates, it would fail pretty reliably.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I always use command: canconfig can0 stop, before starting any new transmission. The same thing worked very well on zc702 board for 1Mbps baud rate. Is there any other termination you are talking about ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I mean the physical termination resistor on the can-transmission-lines (usually 120 Ohm on each end of the bus).

compare: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9759/en

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your timely help. By connecting CANH to CANH_TERM and CANL to CANL_TERM, I no longer see the problem. :)

0 Kudos